Proposed Surfing Event - Part of the Margaret River Pro
The Shire has received an application to include Reserve 41545 (Boat Ramps), Prevelly and Reserve 8428 (North Point), Gracetown as temporary contest locations for a maximum of two days during the 2018 and 2019 Margaret River Pro event.
Background and key points relating to the proposal are provided below.
Advertising of this application has been extended and the new closing date is Friday 12 January 2018.
- The Shire has issued a 5 year approval in 2014 for Surfers Point and the Box to host the annual WSL Drug Aware Margaret River Pro surfing event
- The 2018 and 2019 event is scheduled to run between 10 April and 22 April
- It is proposed that if Boat Ramps and North Point are used for the 2018 and 2019 events, it will be for a maximum of 2 days
- Event infrastructure will be set-up in and around the car park at the Gracetown boat ramp
- A scaffolding deck will be set-up along the beach at Gnarabup
- Public access will be managed to the car park and the contest venue for Boat Ramps
- Public access will be restricted to at the contest venue at North Point whereby event patrons will be limited to the northern section Town Beach and the Town Beach car park. No public access will be permitted on the North Point headland or car parks
- A series of Management Plans dealing with fire management, risk management and access/parking have also been submitted with the application.
Details of the above proposal can be viewed here or in the document library on the right hand side of this page.
Please have your say by completing the online form below. For further information on the application, please contact the Planning Development team on 9780 5255 or email@example.com
View the project page: https://yoursay.amrshire.wa.gov.au/margaret-river-pro