Project Update - 16 October 2020
Stage 2A (Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave)
- Footpaths outside the surf shops and Sports Power is under demolition and the new exposed aggregate path construction will start next week.
- The median strips are being built from Settlers Tavern car park towards Fearn Avenue.
- Reticulation to the garden beds from Settlers Tavern to Riversmith is being installed.
- Side entry pits at the Fearn Ave/Bussell Hwy/Willmott Ave intersection is under construction.
Stage 2B update (Fearn Avenue - New Festival Precinct )
- 100% of the stormwater infrastructure, electrical services and irrigation sleeves are in!
- Crews continue to work on the foundations for our new Festival Precinct, with the sub road base now done and the base course (the next layer of the road's pavement) underway.
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
- This stage is tracking well with the central and western stormwater system installed up to Priceline Pharmacy.
- Installation of the new water main will be completed by next week.
- Crews are continuing to connect stormwater pipes from businesses on the western side of Bussell Hwy into the new stormwater system.
- Installation of electrical conduits and irrigation sleeves will continue up the road.
- Work has begun to build the side entry pits on the eastern side of the road