MAIN STREET REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT INFORMATION SHEET - CONSTRUCTION
Commencing in February 2019, construction works will be implemented in two stages:
• Stage 1: February 2019 to May 2019 - Underground service upgrades (stormwater and electrical works)
• Stage 2: September 2019 to February 2020 – Road resurfacing, roundabout construction, footpath renewal, hard and soft landscaping, electrical works
Construction will result in short-term altered traffic and pedestrian conditions, including temporary road closures; however, businesses will remain open on Bussell Highway and adjacent side streets, with alternative customer access arrangements in place when required.
Summary of construction works
• new stormwater drainage trunk line and associated pits, lids and chambers, installation of all interconnecting stormwater drainage pipes, pits, lids and chambers
• reconstruction of roads, footpaths, cycle lane and parking; drainage, kerbing and surfacing
• three new roundabouts
• new pedestrian crossings
• a new cycle lane and associated dual use path
• new paving, retaining walls
• new street trees
• new shelters, seating, planters, bike rails, bins, drinking fountains, timber bollards.
• Western Power forward works pole/streetlight relocation
• Western Power pole/street lighting upgrades
• Western Power pole/street lighting decommission and removal
• new electrical cables and associated pit lids
• new Lighting Control Board, Main Switchboard
• new street light poles and luminaires, including banner attachments, up-lighting
• new communication conduit
Please visit https://yoursay.amrshire.wa.gov.au/margaret-river-main-street-development for up-to-date information on the project timelines, and changed traffic conditions. This website will be updated regularly as more information becomes available.
Should you require any additional information please contact Helen Whitbread, Main Street Project Manager by email; email@example.com subject line Main Street Construction