Project Update - 11 Dec 2020
Not long to go now! Over the coming weekend and next week BCP will continue to work like a colony of ants to get the street ready for school holidays. Here's an overview of the changes that will take place over the following week.
Stage 2B (Fearn Avenue - New Festival Precinct)
- Continue installation of timber cladding onto Vine Arbor structural steel.
- Wash and Seal Pavers - you should notice the colour darken up after this.
- Final Street Furniture installation - keep your eye out for the large timber sun lounge, constructed locally from Jarrah.
- Finish wiring electrical switch board.
- Install tactiles to pedestrian crossings.
The Festival Precinct is going to be an outstanding community asset during the Christmas break, and will only get better with age as the new trees come up in height. There is now pedestrian access to Egberts, the Barber Shoppe and Yonder Bar, and pedestrian access will open to the whole square at the end of next week once the pavers have been sealed.
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
- Next week will see asphalt works completed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - the road will look completely transformed after this. A decision has been made to keep the road closed until line marking is finished on 22 December. While this delays through traffic for a few more days it will support road safety and negate the need for multiple road closures.
- Continue pouring exposed aggregate at pedestrian crossings (see photo from today).
- Final kerbing works over the weekend and completed by Monday.
- Light Pole installation Monday and Tuesday.
- Other electricals including up lights completed.
- Footpath works completed up to Reuther Park on the Western side.
- Footpath works continued on the Eastern side.
- Irrigation installation continued.
- Landscaping continued.