Project update 11 September 2020
Main Street works have made good progress this week in Stages 2A and 2B, and next week we will see the following activity taking place:
Stage 2A (Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave)
- From tomorrow morning (Saturday) footpaths will be fully open from Tunbridge St to the Margaret River Bookshop on the east side, and to Sidekick Café on the west side.
- Topsoil and landscaping in the garden beds and medians from Tunbridge St to Settlers Tavern has commenced today and will continue tomorrow and into the early part of next week.
- Streetlight installation in the medians from Tunbridge St to Settlers Tavern will be happening over the following week
- Continuation of new footpath construction from Settlers to Fearn Ave. The Shire and BCP will continue to liaise with affected traders to organise and confirm work schedules.
- Footpath cleaning and sealing works from Tunbridge to Settlers will commence after hours (from 5pm). BCP will work with traders to confirm the work schedule to minimise disruption to businesses operating after hours, this is scheduled for later in the week.
- Western Power has confirmed that the required power outage on 21st September for reconnection to new services will be undertaken after hours (from 8pm) to reduce disruption to trade.
Stage 2B (Fearn Ave Festival Precinct)
- The extensive drainage works underground in Fearn Ave will be completed on Saturday 12th September. See the picture below for an indication of how much infrastructure is being installed to deal with our annual winter deluge.
- Underground power cables and irrigation sleeves will commence installation on Monday 14th September
- The remaining road surface and road base will be removed from the Festival precinct to enable the new pedestrian area and one way section to be constructed.
- Pedestrian access to Yonder Bar, Egberts and Acton Real Estate will be maintained at all times. Please follow the pedestrian detour signs.
- There will be limited access to the public toilets at the Fearn Ave/Charles West St intersection, please access via Charles West St
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
- Water main replacement and drainage works will commence on Monday 14th
- The cul de sac will move from its current position to outside Hemp Co on Monday 14th.
- Depending on progress the remainder of the Stage 3 project area (from Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd) will be closed to vehicles from as early as Saturday 19th September to enable the continuation of the works to replace the water main and storm water drainage. As soon as this date is finalised we communicate the details.
- A reminder that the Margaret River Hotel bottle shop is accessible from Ned Higgins Lane for in-car service.
*Please note the following in relation to Stage 3 works:
- To support achieving the target completion date of 18th December it is essential that the underground works are completed as soon as possible.
- Full pedestrian access will be maintained to the east and west sides of Stage 3 whilst these works are completed.
- Additional pedestrian crossing points will be installed as soon as it is safe to do so.
- The Shire and BCP are speaking to all affected businesses from this point on in relation to this and all future works in Stage 3.