Project update - 13 Nov 2020
Stage 2A (Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave intersection)
By the end of next week the final layer of asphalt will be constructed from the Visitor Centre up to the Willmott Ave intersection!
What's happening next week
- This Sunday the East lane will be profiled.
- 16 - 17 Nov - the road will be graded.
- 18 - 20 Nov - asphalt works will create our final road surface.
- Crews will complete landscaping and retic by end of the week.
- The next steps will be installing light poles and line marking, commencing the week of 23 Nov.
- There will be limited to no pedestrian crossing points from the Visitor Centre/Dome up to Riversmith/surf shops until the asphalt is done.
- We'll then open up the new pedestrian crossings once the asphalt works have cured, leaving fences up whilst light poles and line marking is done.
- We're anticipating to open the street up to vehicles on 27 Nov, allowing access to Willmott Ave and Settlers Tavern carpark.
Stage 2B update (Fearn Avenue - New Festival Precinct )
- Next week kerbs at the roundabout near Coles carpark will be completed.
- The new community table and arbor structure will be installed!
- Light poles will also go in.
- Crews will pour footpaths in the roundabout area linking to the car parks and public toilet area.
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
- All main drainage for the entire project will be done by the end of next week, with just the private business stormwater connections to go.
- Crews will continue constructing kerbing (which is currently up to Bankwest and Little Rascals).
- Footpath construction will also continue.