Project update - 18 Dec 2020
We're almost done! The street is due to open at 2pm, 23 December 2020.
Main Street business owners and community members are invited to join construction crews for a celebration walk up the completed street before it opens to vehicles.
When: Wednesday 23 December at 2pm.
Where: Meet at the new Festival Precinct on Fearn Ave.
Wear: Drape yourself in tinsel or wear your best Christmas kitsch!
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
- Final asphalt works are done!
- Over the weekend, a troop of gardeners will be onsite planting out garden beds.
- Street furniture, bike racks and flag tracks will be installed early next week.
- Line marking will be done on 22 Dec.
All the fences will come down on 23 Dec in preparation for Bussell Hwy opening to traffic in the afternoon.
Stage 2B update (Fearn Avenue - New Festival Precinct)
Whilst we were hoping to open the Festival Precinct to pedestrians this weekend, crews will need full access to the site to safely finished the job.
- Retic to service the garden beds is being finalised.
- Garden beds will be planted and mulched this weekend.
- Furniture will be craned in early next week.
- Line marking of roundabout near Coles carpark on 22 Dec.
The Festival Precinct will be open for pedestrians only over the Christmas period
Due to global supply delays, bollards for the Festival Precinct have not arrived yet. The decision has been made not to let vehicles through the Festival Precinct's new one-way street until early January to keep the area safe.
Vehicles will be able to use the small roundabout to enter the Coles carpark and the laneway connecting to the Settlers carpark from 23 Dec.
Water barriers will go up on either side of the Festival Precinct to prevent vehicles entering.