Project update 18 September 2020
Stage 2A (Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave)
- Street light poles will be installed from Monday.
- Landscaping works are due to be completed by end of the next week in this section.
- Footpath cleaning and sealing works from Tunbridge to Settlers are due for completion by the end of next week. Cleaning will also be after hours (5pm). BCP will work with traders to confirm the work schedule to minimise disruption to businesses operating after hours.
- Fences will be removed on both sides of the street from Tunbridge to Settlers once the sealing works are done. This will open things up nicely!
- Kerb works will continue up the hill.
- Based on arborist advice, the tree outside Side Kick Cafe will need to be removed. With the new road geometry and the tree growing at an angle, high vehicles may hit it.
Stage 2B update (Fearn Avenue - New Festival Precinct )
- Western Power has confirmed that the required power outage on Mon 21 September for reconnection to new services will be undertaken after hours (from 7pm on Mon 21 Sept to 6am Tue 22 Sept).
- Hurray! The major drainage works underground in Fearn Ave are now complete.
- Existing foothpaths in the Festival Precinct will be demolished next week.
- Underground power cables and irrigation sleeves are almost installed.
- There will be limited access to the public toilets at the Fearn Ave/Charles West St intersection, please access via Charles West St.
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
- Water main replacement and drainage works are continuing up the hill.