Project update 4 September 2020
Stage 2A – Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave
- Footpath works will continue throughout the week of the 7th September with footpaths completed and fully open in the section from Tunbridge St to Settlers Tavern.
- Finalisation of the medians including landscaping will follow with this work scheduled to be completed for the week commencing 21st September.
- With these works completed fencing will be removed from the section between Tunbridge St and Settlers Tavern to support pedestrian activation of this space.
Stage 2B – Fearn Ave Festival Precinct
- Drainage works to continue throughout this section.
- Western Power electrical installations are scheduled for 21st September with notifications to affected businesses provided by Western Power.
- The Shire and BCP have been monitoring traffic flows at the IGA/Settlers car park, Tunbridge St and Charles West Ave. Traffic is flowing well without any significant congestion. Please see the map indicating access to this parking.
Stage 3 – Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd
- Potholing to locate underground services in this next section has been underway, and drainage construction will commence on 14th September.
- The cul de sac arrangement on Bussell Highway will relocate south of the MR Hotel bottleshop from 14th September, roughly up to Bankwest/Margaret River Hemp Co.
- Access to the MR Hotel bottleshop will be from the rear after this date (see map).
- Pedestrian access to all businesses will continue throughout the work period.