Project update 4 September 2020
Stage 2A – Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave
- Footpath works will continue throughout the week of the 7th September with footpaths completed and fully open in the section from Tunbridge St to Settlers Tavern.
- Finalisation of the medians including landscaping will follow with this work scheduled to be completed for the week commencing 21st September.
- With these works completed fencing will be removed from the section between Tunbridge St and Settlers Tavern to support pedestrian activation of this space.
New footpath being poured today in front of the Target Arcade
Stage 2B – Fearn Ave Festival Precinct
- Drainage works to continue throughout this section.
- Western Power electrical installations are scheduled for 21st September with notifications to affected businesses provided by Western Power.
- The Shire and BCP have been monitoring traffic flows at the IGA/Settlers car park, Tunbridge St and Charles West Ave. Traffic is flowing well without any significant congestion. Please see the map indicating access to this parking.
Stage 3 – Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd
- Potholing to locate underground services in this next section has been underway, and drainage construction will commence on 14th September.
- The cul de sac arrangement on Bussell Highway will relocate south of the MR Hotel bottleshop from 14th September, roughly up to Bankwest/Margaret River Hemp Co.
- Access to the MR Hotel bottleshop will be from the rear after this date (see map).
- Pedestrian access to all businesses will continue throughout the work period.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link