Update 12 June
(Stage 1a) North entrance to town
- The right turn into Tunbridge St has been operating for the past 2 weeks; there has been a requirement for intermittent closure to enable concrete works to the footpaths and peanut roundabout.
- Exposed aggregate footpath construction will continue until mid-June.
- The intersection is open at weekends for traffic and with completion date for this stage scheduled for mid-July.
(Stage 1b) Wallcliffe roundabout ready in two weeks
- With works almost complete, this will be the first component of the project to open at the end of June.
- Landscaping in the roundabout is complete and continues along the verges.
- The SS Georgette memorial now occupies pride of place at the southern side of the roundabout and high school.
- Light poles are scheduled to be installed next week.
- This intersection is now open after hours and at weekends.
- The final asphalt seal will be completed once all other works are finished and when we have the right weather window.
Churchill Ave intersection to Willmott Ave
- The main drainage line running up the middle of the street in this section is almost complete.
- Next week works to construct the lateral drainage connections from the kerb line side entry pits will commence.
- Stage 2a is expected to be completed by beginning/mid September, subject to weather.
Festival Precinct on Fearn Avenue
- Works in Fearn Ave will commence as soon as the Wallcliffe Rd/Forrest Rd roundabout can be opened to facilitate traffic to and from the south.
- Initial works will include constructing the new roundabout to service the car parks behind Coles, Settlers and the IGA from Fearn Ave as well as service modifications to accommodate the new road layout.
- It is anticipated that works will commence during the week of 15 June.
Additional car parking – Wallcliffe Road
A new car park at the Wallcliffe Rd/Station Rd intersection is now almost complete with only line marking to be finished; this will provide additional bays to service the northern end of town. The adjacent car park, closer to the High School is being designed, with works to commence thereafter.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link