Project update - 2 October 2020
Stage 2A (Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave)
- Footpaths have been constructed outside Riversmith (on the west side) and from the Bookshop to Westpac (on the east side) with cleaning due to take place after hours next week.
- Demolition of the old footpath outside the surf shops is due to take place after school holidays.
- The median strip kerb will be built from Settlers tavern car park towards Fearn Avenue.
Stage 2B update (Fearn Avenue - New Festival Precinct )
- Crews are continuing to prepare the basecourse for the road and pedestrian precinct area.
- Aiming to complete storm water connections between businesses and the main system next week
- We're getting closer to seeing some of the contours of the new Festival Precinct appear with edgebeam kerbing footings due for construction next week.
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
Stage 3 is seeing two distinct items of work being undertaken: a new water main (to deliver water) being installed, and new storm water drainage being built.
- The replacement of the water main is now moving up past Town Square towards Wallcliffe roundabout. This trench will be back-filled and construction of new storm water drainage is following along behind (now up to Chicken Treat).
- Next week drainage crews will start working on stormwater connections to businesses from Fearn Ave heading up the hill on the west side.
- Crews will also be installing electrical and irrigation sleeves for servicing garden beds and electrical needs in the later stages of the road works.