Project update - 6 November 2020
Works are steaming ahead with 6 weeks to go until the project is due to be complete.
Stage 2A (Tunbridge St to Fearn Ave)
Here's a heads up about works scheduled in the Stage 2A area as we work to prepare the road surface for final asphalt this month.
- 7 & 8 November - the road will be profiled and stabilised preparing the base course for installation of the road’s final asphalt layer. You can expect dust, noise and vibration whilst the stabilisation is undertaken. Fences have gone back up on both sides of the street (from the peanut roundabout to Riversmith) as there will be heavy vehicles doing work up and down the street. Banner mesh has been installed to reduce dust as much as possible.
- 9-13 November - the stabilised basecourse will be compacted by rollers and trimmed into shape. Pedestrian crossings will be built in this area, ready for the final asphalt layer. Trees will be planted towards the end of the week. Footpaths at the Willmott Ave interserction will be built.
- There will be limited to no pedestrian crossing points from the Visitor Centre/Dome up to Riversmith/surf shops whilst the works are undertaken due to heavy vehicles doing their work up and down the street.
- Traffic Control will be in place at the peanut roundabout to enable plant vehicles to turn around, however there will be minimal disruption to traffic flows.
The good news is, we are getting very close to completing this project area.
We will undertake a shop front clean (power wash) when crews have completed the asphalt works to finish this stage completely.
Stage 2B update (Fearn Avenue - New Festival Precinct )
- Next week you'll see the Manchurian Pear trees planted at the Festival Precinct.
- The footings for street furniture have been poured, and crews will install footings for light poles.
- You'll also see structural steel fixed to footings in this area for the new street furniture and shelter!
Stage 3 (Willmott Ave to Wallcliffe Rd)
- Last week the central spine was 100% completed, now drainage crews are working towards installing the last few drainage pits for the project.
- Next week footpaths in front of Lloyds, First National Real Estate, Little Rascals, Margaret River Sweet Shop and NAB will be poured.
- By the end of next week edge kerbing will be constructed up to Town Square, so you'll be able to see the new parking spaces emerge.
- A crossing point opposite Town Square will be installed for the weekend.